Participating Institutions & Sponsors
1. Fullford Academy: Our academic program for students in grades 7 to 10 integrates learning the main subjects and English language. We start with the Ontario Ministry course objectives and enrich them with English language learning. This allows our international students to learn the grade appropriate curriculum, while continuing to improve and learn English language skills in preparation for future senior school studies at their next boarding school. Students study in small classes of 6-12 students and are taught by our highly trained teachers, who are ESL certified and are members of the Ontario College of Teachers. Fulford Academy is located along the shores of the St. Lawrence River in Brockville, Ontario, Canada, home of the world famous Thousand Islands. Brockville is centrally located between Ottawa (1 hour), Montreal (2 hours), and Toronto (4 hours) providing Fulford Academy students with many opportunities to explore Canadian cultural activities. Fullford has strong ties with the boarding schools across North America. This school also specializes in fast track ESL training.
School Brochure: http://www.youblisher.com/p/366245-Fulford-Academy-Brochure/
2. Fulford Preparatory Academy: This is a five star boarding school for grades 11-12. Fulford Preparatory College (FPC) offers Ontario Ministry of Education curriculum in a safe and structured family environment. Their students are primed to apply for and successfully transition into post secondary institutions in Canada and the USA. Students are able to complete academic programs pertaining to Secondary School (Grades 11 and 12) in our strong and well-built learning environment. Within these academic programs, FPC focuses on supporting and meeting the individual needs of each student. Students who complete our Grade 12 program, and meet all necessary requirements, receive an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD). The ESL Foundation Year program is an ideal first step to learning the English language, and preparing oneself for academic excellence. Through FPC placement services, they aim to help students wishing to apply for university/college within Canada or the U.S. with the application process, and provide as much support as possible. FPC website: http://www.fulfordprep.com/
3. College of the Rockies: Filipino students who are considering cost value as a major deciding factor look no further than College of the Rockies. Excellent programs, GREAT VALUE! Voted #1 overall international student satisfaction in Canada and the WORLD! Smaller class sizes, personalized instruction, up-to-date technology, great support services and professional, friendly staff who are dedicated to student success make the College of the Rockies the best place to live, learn and play! Specializing in short term high quality programs for Trades, Health, Child & Youth. Very affordable school with modern world class learning facilities and accomodation. Located in beautiful British Colombia very near the Alberta boarder, means great access to jobs after graduation. Begin a new career, learn a new skill or trade, upgrade your education, or explore your educational options. We have a program or course for you! On overall average, College of the Rockies recently ranked #1 in Canada and #1 in the World on the International Student Barometer 2013 survey.
Delivered by the International Graduate Insight Group, the International Student Barometer (ISB) survey is the largest annual survey of international students in the world.
In 2013, 143,952 international students responded to the survey from 176 institutions, located in 13 different countries around the world.
School website: http://www.cotr.bc.ca/
Course outlines and descriptions: http://www.cotr.bc.ca/CourseOutlines/
3) Centennial College: Whether you're interested in training for your current or future career, earning transfer credits for university studies, or just pursuing your interests, Centennial College can help you reach your goals. With 100+ full-time programs, more than 160 part-time programs and 1,000's of part-time courses, you'll find what you (and your employers) need at Centennial.
Our core focus, as it has always been, is on preparing graduates to enter the work force, while offering our students distinct ways to learn to be leaders. We’ve worked to build lasting partnerships with local communities while preparing our graduates to succeed in a global context. Locally we continue to offer industry-recognized full- and part-time programs at four Toronto campuses. Whether in our classrooms, our labs or the community, students of Centennial experience the "real world" even before they graduate. They're job ready. And that's a fact employers have told us, as more than 94 percent of those hiring Centennial grads are satisfied or very satisfied with their hires.
As a leader in internationalization, we’ve done extensive work teaching international students. Conversely, we are enabling more Canadian learners to have an international adventure: be it completing a semester in Spain, an internship in South Africa or a Global Citizenship learning experience in the Amazon Basin. We believe an education at Centennial is an education without borders, because the world has changed, and so have we. We’ve re-created our College, giving us a unique position in the marketplace and, in fact, the world. And we are now prepared for the next set of challenges: to be more innovative and entrepreneurial; to further exploit the benefits of technology; to creatively engage our employees; to build more bridges with communities and employers; to see our graduates do meaningful work and have meaningful lives. Centennial offers a wide range of programs and courses for high school graduates, mature applicants, professionally trained individuals, and international students.
School website: http://www.centennialcollege.ca/
4. Stanford Academy: A private boarding school in Canada for boys and girls in Grades 7 through 12, where small is a big deal. With an average of 12 students per class and a total student population of just under 200, our family atmosphere truly sets Stanstead College apart. A school and community “avec la différence.” Surrounded by the rolling hills of Quebec and Vermont, Stanstead College is an English school that embraces French in and out of the classroom. Our school is also uniquely placed to open doors to top universities and colleges in the United States, Canada and around the world. A forward-thinking private school celebrating 140 years of tradition and education. Ideal prep school for Filipino immigrants preparing to move to Quebec under the Quebec Nominee Program who are serious about their child's ability to communicate in both of Canada's native languages. With less than 200 students, Stanstead College is able to keep class sizes low and provide learning resources that can meet the needs of each individual student. These include personalized subject tutoring and ESL support.
- We are the only Canadian private school accredited by the American-based New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). This puts us in an ideal position to prepare students (domestic and international) for both Canadian and American universities.
- We have a team of personalized university guidance counselors who work with students at the senior levels and help them prepare for SAT testing and university applications.
4. Stanford International College: This school has someone for everyone with over 140 programs to choose from many of them one year in duration. The school is located in Toronto , and excellent location for job seekers. SIC features programs that lead directly to in demand jobs. Have a look at the link to the school's program page below for more details.
Stanford values collaboration, diversity and individual achievement. At Stanford International College we provide our students with a learning environment that is positive, comfortable and interactive. Our vocational and certificate programs include hands-on learning and methodologies and processes that are currently being used by today’s leading employers.
Our Diploma and Certificate career training programs are designed to provide you with the skills, knowledge and practical experience needed to excel in today’s workplace. View our Programs page for a complete list of diploma and certificate training programs. Several Stanford Campuses are also licensed testing centres for TSSA (Gas Technician program) and CWB (Welding program). This allows our students the comfort and convenience of writing professional exams in a familiar environment.
School's program page:http://www.scbt.ca/programs/
5. Vancouver Community College: If you are looking for a program that will lead to a job look no further than VCC. 93% of VCC graduates are employed post graduation. It is our great pleasure to welcome you to Vancouver Community College (VCC). VCC is located in one of the most beautiful parts of Canada an boasts an ideal study environment. Since 1965, VCC has earned a strong and well-deserved reputation for our commitment to community, our student-centred approach, our award-winning faculty, and our range of access and applied career programming. We strive to create new opportunities and offer enriched educational experiences for all of our students. Located in the heart of the city, VCC offers academic, cultural, and social environments that inspire relevant real-world training. With an incredible variety of programs to choose from at excellent value VCC should be a school that is at the top of your list for consideration.
School's program list: http://www.vcc.ca/international/programs/program-areas/
School's website: http://www.vcc.ca/international/